As we age, the dermal layer of the skin thins, less collagen is produced, the elastin fibers which provide elasticity wear out & all these changes in the scaffolding of the skin cause it to wrinkle and sag. Our Skin Renewal Treatment is designed to significantly repair, reverse & mitigate all these effects by using state-of-the art plasma technology, proven science and technique, and training and aftercare.
WHAT IS PLASMA?
Sometimes called the fourth state of matter, plasma forms when a gas is super-heated. (Not to be confused with the component of your blood of the same name, which you might be familiar with).
HOW DOES THIS TREATMENT WORK?
There are 3 layers of skin called the Epidermis, the Dermis and the Subcutis. The epidermis layer of the skin (the outermost layer) contains pigment-producing cells called melanocytes, which are responsible for giving the skin its coloration. The next layer is the dermis layer is made up of collagen and elastin fibers that provide skin with strength and elasticity.
As the body ages, the appearance of the skin is altered. The epidermis becomes thinner, resulting in blemishes and imperfections becoming more visible. Lost collagen in the dermis contributes to the formation of facial lines, sagging skin, and wrinkles.
Our Skin Renewal Treatment uses the energy delivered from a patented plasma device (rather than light or radiofrequency) to deliver a millisecond pulse of nitrogen-based plasma to the skin. Specifically, electrical energy is converted into electrostatic energy and transmitted to the skin by holding the device above the skin. Unlike other devices on the market, we do not touch the skin nor is it punctured.
You will enjoy all the benefits of a relaxing facial without pain or discomfort. Depending on the number of sessions and the speed at which you'd like to see results, your session can be a one-and-done treatment or it can be broken into multiple visits over a period of time. We will discuss this process and how you'd like to see your results to determine the best process for you.
DESIRED POSSIBLE RESULTS:
· Contraction/tightening of the skin creating skin improvement.
· Revitalization of the epidermis by making it ready to shed old skin cells & replace them with healthy new skin cells.
· Fibroblasts in the dermis are targeted, stimulating collagen & elastin production and promoting strengthening while also lifting of the skin structure over a sustained period of time.
· Helps to re-shape, re-build & strengthen the scaffolding within the dermis to promote elasticity and flexibility.
· While you will see some immediate results, improvement will continue over time.
· Evaluated results last from 3-5 years. Individual results will vary depending on the degree of previous tissue damage from the individual's life, and the healing response generated.
*End results depend on many factors, including the number of treatments, adherence to post treatment care regimen, proper nutrition and good general health, age and health conditions; the most important being the degree of cumulative sun and environmental damage to the skin and tissues.
Like most skin rejuvenation treatments, there may be some side-effects, however the post-treatment downtime and recovery from the Skin Renewal Treatment (plus the end result) is frequently shown to be far superior to treatments with other devices, including various ablative laser procedures.
For the best results, we highly recommend following the aftercare regimen we provide when you come in for your treatment(s).
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT:
• We recommend a consult prior to your first treatment. We schedule consults online and by phone for a 20-30 min visit. The cost is $25 but will be credited toward your service when you come in for your treatment(s).
• Although each person is unique, we recommend avoiding sun-tanning, spray-tanning, tanning injections and sunbeds within 3-5 days prior to your treatment. Ideally, we recommend using SPF30 to prep your skin for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment.
• Avoid any other type of procedure for 3-4 weeks on the same area which you intend to have treated; such as laser therapy, injections or chemical peels. This may prevent your treatment from being performed by your clinician at the time you want it.
• Discontinue any use of topical Retin-A products a minimum of 5 days prior to treatment, and a minimum of 3 days post treatment.
IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING YOUR TREATMENT:
• We recommend NOT exercising right after a treatment because any heat, steam, or sweat could add to the inflammation that’s already present. Sun avoidance is also key.
• We recommend not wearing makeup in the area treated during the first 12 hrs post treatment.
OTHER IMPORTANT AFTERCARE RECOMMENDATIONS:
·• We strongly advise that you minimize sun exposure with shading, coverings or hats before and after the treatment(s).
• Plasma treatments are the gift that keeps giving and, on top of the immediate rejuvenation, lifting, and tightening affects you will likely experience, it can be 8 to 12 weeks for the full effects of your original treatment to be seen so you will keep seeing benefits afterwards for months to come.
The following are contraindications for this treatment:
· Botox to the treatment area within 7 days
· Filler to the treatment area within 14 days
· Skin cancer or suspicious moles
· Herpes Simplex (cold sores)
· Conjunctivitis (eye infection)
· Pregnancy or breast feeding
· Hemophilia, hepatitis, HIV/Aids
· Retinal Detachment
· Hypertrophic (keloid) scars
· Steroids (cortisone)
· Eczema or Psoriasis of the treatment area